- To ensure excellent patient care with confidential empathetical interviewing.
- To utilize pharmacological, Psychological and alternative treatment modalities for a holistic treatment approach.
- To make use of advanced and unique equipments (ECT, Biofeedback) and diagnostic treatment techniques to ensure early diagnosis and effective management.
PATIENT SERVICES OFFERED BY THE DEPARTMENT
- OPD Timings: 08.30 am – 03.30 pm
- Out Patient Department with separate consultation rooms ensuring patient privacy and confidentiality.
- 30 bedded In Patient Department including Deaddiction ward with treatment including psychopharmacological, psychotherapy & psychosocial management using recent treatment modalities (Electro-convulsive Therapy/ Bio-feedback Instrument)
- SPECIALITY CLINICS Timing: 00 PM to 3.30 PM
S.NO DAYS SPECIALITY CLINICS 1. Monday CHILD & ADOLESCENT GUIDANCE CLINIC 2. Tuesday GERIATRIC & NEUROPSYCHIATRY CLINIC 3. Wednesday DE-ADDICTION CLINIC 4. Thursday PSYCHOMOTOR & MEMORY CLINIC 5. Friday MARITAL AND SEX THERAPY CLINIC 6. All working days SUICIDE PREVENTION CLINIC
- LIAISON PSYCHIATRY SERVICES
- Liaison with other departments is an integral part of the services provided in our department involving direct patient care interfacing with other areas of health and social care system.
- Consultation Liaison Psychiatry
- Neuropsychiatry cases with Neurology dept
- Child guidance clinic with pediatrics dept.
- Psychosomatic illnesses with Medicine dept
- We run SPECIALTY clinics for various psychiatric illnesses daily.
- We create mental health awareness among voluntary caregivers and inpatients.
- Our faculties attend various camps at rural as well as urban to enhance awareness about psychiatric illness.
- We issue pamphlets, raise slogans concerning mental health awareness.
- We organize programs on World Mental health Day, World Suicide prevention day, World No Tobacco Day, World Schizophrenia day involving students and raise awareness about mental illness through SKITS, MIMES, DEBATES, holding placards with awareness slogans.
- We have a community psychiatry helpline number in the department, where patients can call and collect information on mental illnesses and reach us in time of treatment of mental illness.
PSYCHIATRY HELPLINE NUMBER