Guest Lectures Conducted
- “Why Anatomy? – an ophthalmology perspective “ by Dr. Vijaya Shanmugam, Associate professor, Tanjore Medical College, Thanjavur on April 2012
- Dr. R.Elangovan M.S. MCh., lectured on Anatomy in Neurosurgeon’s perspective on 24.10.2013
- Guest Lecture Series on Managing trauma- an anatomical perspective” was held on Department of Anatomy, Chennai Medical College & Research Centre (SRM Trichy) March 2016.
Two day CME on “Expanding frontiers of Anatomy and Hands and workshop on Plastination held on September 6th and 7th 2013 (sponsorship of ICMR New Delhi)
National Continuing Medical Education (CME) program on `Spectrum of Ultrasonographic Anatomy- a diagnostic and therapeutic approach’ on April 2, 2016
Radiology CME on Emergencies (RACE 2016) Workshop & Hands on Training on FAST Imaging & Neonatal Cranial USG on 10.11.2016
Other Programs Conducted by the Department
- Elsevier Publications MCQ test was organized in the month of May in 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015
- Lippincott’s illustrated video atlas live demonstration was organized in the month of November 2012
1- Anatomy Arts Competition for all Under Graduate students stretching across all courses was conducted on 16th July 2019. It was organized by the Department of Anatomy and Theime Publishers.
- Valedictory function for the Arts Competition was conducted on 18th July 2019. It was bestowed by the management and a Chief Guest Mr.R.Muthuselvan, Art teacher from SRV Public School, Samayapuram, and Trichy was invited. The Winners are as follows.
|Prizes||Name of Students||Course|
|1st Prize||V.S.Theertha||AHS – I year-Cardio Pulmonary Perfusion Technology|
- Prizes & participation certificates were distributed by The Dean and Chief Guest.
- Three Faculty from the Department of Anatomy – Dr.S.D.Nalinakumari,Prof and HOD, Dr.Umapathy Sembian, Associate Prof, Dr.E.Kamala, Associate Prof attended CME on “Infertility” and Workshop on “Competency Based Under Graduate Curriculum “on 20th July 2019 at Sri Gokulam Medical College & Research Foundation, Thiruvanathapuram,Kerala.
- Dr.M.Karthik and Dr.K.Veeralaxmi were relieved from their duties.
- Dr.S.Senthil Bharath was appointed as Tutor in the Department of Anatomy on 16th July 2019.